Breaking News
  • Feb 22, 10:59 amClass of 2024 Valedictorian is Ester Jung
  • Feb 22, 10:58 amClass of 2024 Salutatorian is Megan Coffey
  • Jan 4, 10:52 amDance Department Auditions for the 2024-25 school year start Jan. 31

The Mill Creek Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mill Creek High School

The Mill Creek Chronicle

The Mill Creek Chronicle

The Mill Creek Chronicle

Informative Cheer Tryouts

Mill Creek cheer squad had upcoming tryout and a form is needed before trying out you need to submit cheers and dances. The videos need to be uploaded on the Mill Creek cheer google classroom the videos need to submitted on Monday the 18 at 2:00 p.m. and you need to be dressed in all black in the video. The first day of in-person tryouts is Tuesday the 19 at 2:30 right after school ends in the commons. The coaches this year are Sydney Sawyer and Harley Spears for the freshman team. Junior Varsity coaches are Amy Carmichael and Chelsea Greene and the Varsity coaches are Kari Corbin and Jessica DeBeer and Meghan Ivester. Coach Sawyer is the also the JV coach for competition cheer. The Varsity  competition coach is Katie Fowler.

Kennedi King, 10, stated that she’s looking forward to spirit this years and all the new changes and new cheers that are we are now doing instead of the same cheer’s since middle school.” A lot of people are excited for this new year because of the new changes made new cheer’s as well as new dance. Addy Voshell,10, said “I been doing cheer here since freshman year and I’m so happy varsity cheerleaders came up with new stomp cheers to spice up our routines. New cheers make cheer so much fun.” There’s a lot of new things to be expected in this upcoming cheer season. Coach Corbin,” said she’s excited to see the new cheerleader I think it’s gonna be a great year.”

So go try out and have fun!