Mill Creek Lunchroom station.
Mill Creek Lunchroom station.
Haley Houck

Spotlight: Lunch Ladies

The lunch ladies at Mill Creek High School work to provide food for all who are a part of the student body. Students are expected to have their student ID ready when buying lunch at any of the registers, and to know they must buy a reimbursable meal that consists of a milk, fruit, veggies, grains, meat or meat alternatives. 

Cafeteria Manager, Tammy Baylor said, “I love the way the students appreciate our food. Tell us what they love. Tell us things they would want to see added or maybe changed on our menu because that is our main goal.”

When Ms. Baylor was asked to describe the lunch process and prep. Ms. Baylor responded, “We like to lay stuff out in the freezer a couple days in advance so that it can be ready to go on the day that we come in and serve it.”

When it comes to serving not hundreds but thousands, of student’s lunch every day. Students are encouraged to talk and communicate with others. Lunch Ladies being of no exception. Carolyn Schnitter, a lunch staff member said, “Maybe just pay attention to their surroundings a little bit better.”

Students who would like to see the menu changed or have any recommendations are encouraged to visit Ms. Baylor in her office located in the cafeteria’s kitchen to talk with her about making changes and recommendations.