2023 Art Show

Artwork on display,  at this years Art Show.
    Artwork on display, at this year’s Art Show.
    Alexis Bowen

This Year, Mill Creek hosted their 2023 Art Show. It involved the showing’s of many different styles of paintings, portraits, as well as sculptures and welding’s. Many students and parents attended the show.

Holly Adams, one of the art teachers explained that the Art Show was a part of students performance final exams and offered them the opportunity for all their work to be displayed, and shows their hard work from the semester. Furthermore, Adams talked about what the art consisted of, she stated, “The artwork ranged from introduction art class assignments to independent studies in the advanced art classes. Overall, it was a great success with many students and families taking the time to come see the show!”

One student in particular, Tara Middlebrooks, 11, is in the 2d Art Class. She worked on a painting that focused on the cutting and serving of fruit’s. Middlebrooks enjoyed the show very much, she stated, “I am glad i came to the show. It was a very cool experience and I loved seeing everyone’s artwork, and seeing the talent.”

Another student, Jadyn Peckham, 10, is in Ms. Adams Visual Arts class. Her work included many sketch marks, to create a 2d image. Peckham loved drawing her image and showing it to everyone, she stated, “I really enjoyed working on my art work, and seeing the way it progressed through the time I’ve worked on it. I also really liked seeing everyone else’s work, and all the hard work they put into it.”

• Tara Middlebrooks, 11, standing next to her artwork that includes the cutting of fruits.

• Jadyn Peckham, 10, next to her artwork including many different strokes, to create her image of a Lion.