iLead Freshman Program

The iLead Freshman Program was a program support by Mr. lane and and led by Mrs. Marr a biology teacher at Mill Creek. The point of this program was to help and support freshmen throughout their first year in high school whether its grades or other things that freshmen have problems with.

Students can get advice from upperclassmen as they figure their way around the school and adapt to their first year in high school. The team of helpful students support freshmen as if they are real  guidance counselors. The MCHS homepage states that,”The iLEAD Freshman Mentor Program provides each freshman with a supportive environment that helps ease their adjustment from middle school to high school. The personal, social and academic growth of each freshmen student is nurtured through an ongoing orientation that includes information about school policies, procedures and programs, academic and social counseling and relationship building through upperclassmen mentors.”

During homeroom every Wednesday, three students go to their assigned homeroom classes and entertain and enrich students. Upperclassmen students are to be positive role models towards the 9th graders. The iLead team is a helpful team of students; who mentor those who have a sincere interest in helping  freshmen and who are committed to building a trusting relationship with each of their freshmen.