Spotlight: Addy Voshell

Addy Voshell ,10, Her cheer reward from last season.
Chloe Goodly

Addy Voshell , 10, is a student at Mill Creek High School. Her favorite color is orange the orange during a sunset to be exact. She loves Waffle House and McDonald’s. She participate in cheer, JV Competition and JV Spirit. She also did track for the first time this year and her events where 100 and 200 yard dash.

While she was consistent with cheer prior to high school, she wanted to try something different, “I wanted to try track because it looked fun and my mom coaches track at Osborne Middle School,” Voshell stated, ” I really enjoyed track because I got to be with my friends and it was very fun to run as well. She also enjoys helping her mom do track and helping the little ones run. Her sister is coached by their mom. She loves cheer because she’s done cheer since she was eight years old,” Voshell stated, “I love doing cheer I’ve done it for so long it’s apart of me right now.”

Addy Voshell, 10, track photo she is about to run her 100. (Chloe Goodly)

Things that she likes to do outside of school includes hanging out with my friends and family. She is involved in Delta Gem Club Youth Program and she does volunteer work at the library with younger kids by helping them read. She also volunteers at the local library to help students K-8  learn to read. Voshell said, “This benefits our community and strengthens the minds of our young student outside of school.”