Spotlight: Megan Coffey

January 24, 2023

Megan+Coffey%2C+11%2C+during+the+recycling+drive+with+National+Green+School+Society.+

Photo Courtesy: Megan Coffey

Megan Coffey, 11, during the recycling drive with National Green School Society.

Megan Coffey is a junior at Mill Creek High School. Out of Mill Creek’s entire class of 2024, she is currently academically ranked number one. She is in National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, National Green School Society, and Beta Club. Coffey is also enrolled in AP Chemistry, AP Physics: one and two, AP US History and AP Calculus.

Many students deal with academic pressure when faced with complex courses, however Coffey says, “At the end of the day, you need to put yourself first. I remember in my freshman year I had a lot of mental issues that stemmed from pressure at school, ” Coffey continues, “I deal with a lot better than I had before.”

Coffey explains that in order to continue succeeding with her studies, she had to maintain her motivation. Her older brother inspires her to keep her motivation everyday, “I look up to my brother a lot. He has always stuck to his goals and has always helped me.”

Coffey plans to attend Georgia Tech and attain an engineering or aerospace degree, “Engineers run in my family, so I would like to get an aerospace engineering degree, the dream would be NASA. I would love to work there and work on rockets.”

Because of the AP classes that she has taken, she feels that she is prepared for college, “I have spent a lot of time working on those [classes] outside of school. College is different from high school, where professors don’t care if you do your work and they don’t push us to do our work. I think I have become more independent by taking AP classes. It has prepared me to do work outside of the classroom.”

Megan Coffey a junior at Mill Creek High School. (Photo Courtesy: Megan Coffey)
Megan Coffey, 11, cleaning up the bleachers after the Neon Out football game. (Photo Courtesy: Megan Coffey)
View Comments(1)

Comments (1)

All The Mill Creek Chronicle Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• L

LydiaJan 24, 2023 at 1:24 pm

Megan is the most hard working, most diligent person I’ve ever known. I am so proud of her hard work and her super cool dreams. Megan is a gem!

Reply
1