Update On Faculty Covid vaccines

Phil Roeder on Creative Commons

Cleaning is a key part to keep our students and staff safe.

On March 8, teachers began to be eligible for Covid Vaccines. According to Fox 5 Atlanta, “Hundreds of Gwinnett teachers get Covid-19 vaccines on the first day of eligibility.”

There was a great turn out for the covid-19 vaccines for school faculty members. Joaquin Byrd, a Gwinnett County Public School educator states, “This just makes me feel a lot more comfortable coming into work.” With teachers vaccinated, there will be a safer environment with students in the classroom.

Fox 5 continued by adding, “The vaccination site in Gwinnett County is scheduling 1,800 appointments a day, but health officials told Fox 5 it’s capable of handling more once the state gets more supply.” In a past interview Governor Brian Kemp mentioned wanting students back full-time in the classrooms by the end of the year. Brian Kemp has also done other things to get all Georgia citizens vaccinated.

A website launched not too long ago on February 24 will help some people register for a Covid-19 vaccine. The website that launched of myvaccinegeorgia.com. People who are eligible can make an appointment at one of four mass vaccination sites across the state.
Macon Farmers Market Bibb County 2055 Eisenhower Parkway Macon, GA 31206
Albany Georgia Forestry Site Dougherty County 2910 Newton Road Albany, GA 31701
Habersham County Fairgrounds Habersham County 4235 Toccoa Highway Clarkesville, GA 30523
Delta Air Museum Fulton County 1220 Woolman Place SW Hapeville, GA 30354