Georgia teachers will be eligible for Covid Vaccines

Come March 8, the official start to teachers and other school staff being eligible for a Covid-19 vaccine. Announced by Brian Kemp on this past Thursday the 25th.

The Gwinnett Daily Post said, “The upcoming vaccine expansion for teachers drew praise from State School Superintendent Richard Woods, who called it a critical step in returning Georgia kids to in-person schooling.”

The governor believes that all public school students should be back in class for the full five school days and teachers being eligible for the vaccine is moving this process along, so that this happens before the year ends.

The problem with this is that Gwinnett is undergoing the mass vaccination site slots being currently all booked, at the moment.

Also newly eligible teachers and other Georgians clambering for the vaccine could still face headaches in scheduling appointments for their shots given the state’s limited allotment, Kemp said. Currently, state officials are receiving 198,000 doses a week from the federal government,” suggests the Gwinnett Daily post.

Kemp explains further to why he made an exception to college professors from the teachers and other school staff who will be soon eligible below.

Also in the article by the gwinnett daily post mentioned, “Professors and staff at Georgia colleges and universities will not be on the March 8 list of newly eligible vaccine recipients since they are “dealing with an older population” of adult students who have more options to avoid infection than teachers of younger students in grades pre-K through 12, Kemp said.”

For more information on the vaccine, visit How to get the COVID-19 vaccine