Wrestling Preseason

Team Captain Tells All

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wrestling Preseason

Junior Varsity Scramble at Archer High School on November 9

Cassidy Hettesheimer

Cassidy Hettesheimer

Cassidy Hettesheimer

The wrestling season began with the varsity Spartan Slam on November 9 at West Hall High School.

The varsity team captain, Peyton Goehring, 12, has goals set in place for himself and his team for this season.

“The biggest goal for me is ending the season without any regrets and finishing my season with a state championship under my name. As for the team, I think we have a really good shot at going to state duals. It would be the first time in Mill Creek history our program has been able to do that,” Goehring said.

Goehring is eager for qualifying meets happening later in the season.

“I think I’m most excited for the dual meets at the sectionals tournament since that decides if we go to state,” Goehring said.

According to Goehring, there is a junior on the varsity team that may surprise people this season.

“I definitely think our team is going to surprise a lot of people this year, especially once we have all of our returners back. But I’d say [people should] keep an eye out for Nicholas Bachmann. He’s always been a good wrestler, but this year, there seems to be a lot more drive on him. I think he’s going to turn a lot of heads,” Goehring said.

As team captain, Goehring is looking forward to making every second of this season with his team count.

“I’m really looking forward to just giving it my all this season and spending time with my teammates. [I’m] just really making sure to live in the moment and train everyday like it’s my last,” Goehring said.