Atlanta Jewish 19th Annual Film Festival

Sydney Harris, Staff Writer

Starting this Feb. 6, and ending Feb. 26, the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival Committee ( the AJFF) will host it’s 19 Jewish Film Festival. The festival has been a celebration of Jewish cinema, created by and/or starring Jewish people from all walks of life, with a mission to “[e]ntertain and engage diverse audiences with the film through a Jewish lens” through “new levels of social and cultural understanding.” (AJFF Committee).

While the history of Judaism, Jewish figures, and major events that impact the lives of Jews (such as the Holocaust) are featured in many of the screened films, the AJFF is also hosting modern dramas and comedies, as well as documentaries, which establish contemporary themes such as gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and politics.

Movies that may be of interest to Mill Creeks students (of all backgrounds) include Echo, Family in Transition, Fig Tree, Gloomy Sunday, and The Frisco Kid. 

Tickets to attend the AJFF screenings vary in price based on daily events and timing, but can be purchased over the phone, online, and in person at the box offices for the AJFF at the venues below:

Cobb Energy Center

Regal Atlantic Station

City Springs

Regal Perimeter Point

UA Tara Springs

Woodruff Arts Center

(AJFF Committee)

For all movie titles, the program schedule, pricing, and more information about the AJFF visit https://www.ajff.org/.