The Student News Site of Mill Creek High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

President Trump and Former President Obama Coming to Georgia

Symbol for the Republican Party (left) and symbol for the Democratic Party (right).

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama are coming to Georgia to support the candidates in the upcoming Midterm Election on Nov. 6, 2018. The candidates running for Georgia governor, Democrat Stacey Abrams and Republican Brian Kemp are neck and neck, says Channel 2 Action News. Obama will stump Abrams, and Trump will support Kemp.

Channel 2 confirmed that “former President Barack Obama will hold a campaign rally for Abrams on Friday afternoon at Morehouse College,” and on Sunday, Nov. 3, “President Donald Trump will be coming to Georgia to stump for Kemp.” Multiple sources told Channel 2 that Trump will be in Macon, GA to campaign for Kemp.

The address for Obama’s event is Forbes Arena, Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA 30314, and will start at 5:00 p.m.. Trump’s rally will be at Middle Georgia Regional Airport, 100 East DriveNorth Hangar, Macon, GA 31216, and will start at 4:00 p.m., but doors open at 1:00 p.m..

People who want tickets to Trump’s event can register online at https://www.donaldjtrump.com/rallies/nov-georgia-2018/More information about Obama’s event can be found here: https://www.georgiademocrat.org/obama/. Tickets for Obama’s rally are free and open to the public, and can be picked up on Oct. 31 at these locations:

• Albany Campaign Office – 141 W Broad Avenue, Albany, GA 31701
  • The Gathering Spot – 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Building 100, Atlanta, GA 30313
  • Zucot Gallery – 100 Centennial Olympic PK DR SW, Atlanta, GA 30313
  • Augusta Campaign Office – 601 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901
  • Cobb Campaign Office – 591 Cherokee Street, Marietta, GA 30060
  • Columbus Campaign Office – 1828 Midtown Drive, Columbus, GA 31906
  • DeKalb Campaign Office – 4185 Snapfinger Woods Drive, Decatur, GA 30035
  • Gwinnett Campaign Office – 2100 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite 243, Duluth, GA 30096
  • East Point Campaign Office – 2605 Ben Hill Road, East Point, GA 30344
  • Macon Campaign Office – 1343 Georgia Avenue, Macon, GA 31201
  • Savannah Campaign Office – 713 E 65th Street, Savannah, GA 31305