Music Midtown

Isabelle Harrel, Staff Writer

Music Midtown, a music festival held in Piedmont Park in Atlanta, will be running on September 16th and 17th.

According to the Music Midtown website, there are three ticket options: general admission, VIP, and super VIP.

General admission tickets are the least expensive at $135 dollars plus fees, and with them comes access to food venders, over 30 performances, and free water refills.

VIP tickets cost $600 along with fees. People with VIP tickets have access to everything that they would with general admission as well as perks such as VIP Lounge Access and complimentary food concessions.

By far, super VIP tickets are the most expensive at $1750 plus fees. However, super VIP ticket holders have the most perks, which include access to the air conditioned Luxury Lounge, gourmet catered food, and golf cart transportation between the Electric Ballroom and Honda stages.

Over the course of the two days, many artists such as Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons, and Dua Lipa will perform. Everyone with a ticket will have the ability to see every act regardless of the type. Though, that doesn’t mean everyone has the same level of priority when it comes to seating. People with VIP and super VIP tickets are able to use the viewing area that they prefer while those with general admission aren’t as much of a priority.

Sophomore Jenna Puszewski, who went to Music Midtown, last year found the experience to be a positive one.

“It was quite possibly one of the best weekends of my entire life,” she said. “The lineup was amazing (I actually cried because I was happy), I was with great people, and I got to meet people who had the same taste in music as me, which is always cool.”

When asked if she had any tips for people attending the festival this year, Puszewski said “I would tell people who want to go this year to wear comfortable shoes and if they want to see the performer, they’ll have to get to the venue early because the crowds are insanely large. It’s a great event, and [people] will find themselves extremely happy if they’re with the right people and are solely there to enjoy the music.”